MuJER in the news
Hannah Bowman Wallace writes about La Linea, sex workers, and the work of MuJER for Women News Network.
About our approach to sex worker empowerment, she writes: “Instead, MuJER seems to be approaching this issue from an obvious yet refreshing perspective. By starting from the individual, it is trying to provide the space for these women to change the way they understand themselves in the very…
- 12.3 million people are enslaved today worldwide
- In 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation eradicating slavery, yet more than one million people are enslaved in the U.S. today.
- Two million children are bought and sold in the global commercial sex trade
- The average age of entry into commercial sex slavery in the United States is 13 years old
- The global sex slavery market generates $32 billion in profits each year
- Every 10 minutes, a woman or child is trafficked into the United States for forced labor
- Most “johns” are quite ordinary: 70-90% are married, and most are employed with no criminal record
- 76% of transactions for sex with underage girls are conducted via the internet
- The U.S. government spends 300 times more money per year to fight drug trafficking than it does to fight human trafficking
- Approximately 55% of girls living on the streets in the United States engage in commercial sex slavery. Girls from middle and upper class neighborhoods are also at risk
REBLOG. SPREAD THE WORD. STAY INFORMED.
MuJER Sells Hand-made Jewelry at Event with Founder of Homeboy Industries, Father Gregory Boyle
Last month, MuJER participated in a social justice event in Los Angeles in which Father Boyle, founder of Homeboy Industries (gang prevention and rehabilitation), read from his book Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion (Tatuajes en el…
Esta campaña nace de la necesidad de hacer conciencia en TODA Guatemala, sobre la importancia de luchar por erradicar la violencia contra la mujer!
¡ GOLPEAR A UNA MUJER, ES GOLPEARNOS A TODAS !
ACTÚA, DENUNCIA EN EL MP, NO GUARDES SILENCIO!!!
¡ NI UNA MÁS…!
¨Nuestro golpe desaparece, su dolor queda…
Lo nuestro es maquillaje, lo de ella es sangre y morete…
Lo nuestro fue por unas horas, lo de ella es a diario…
Lo nuestro fue una colaboración, lo de ella es su vida…
Lo nuestro se quita fácilmente, ella podría perder la vida!¨
¡ ÚNETE A ESTA LUCHA !
VOCES POR CRISTINA, Fundación Sobrevivientes y PCS INTERNACIONAL.